|Village/Town of Mount Kisco
|104 Main Street
|Mount Kisco, NY 10549
|Meighan Maye Gallagher
The Finance Committee is a permanent committee to consist of seven members appointed by the Board of Trustees that are all residents of the Village of Mount Kisco with a background in accounting, finance, or law to serve for three year terms. The Board of Trustees shall appoint one member to serve as Chairperson, and shall also appoint a liason to the Committee. The Committee is tasked with the following duties:
- To recommend to the Board of Trustees an independent firm of certified public accountants to perform the annual audit of the Village/Town of Mount Kisco.
- To review the annual financial statements, management letter submitted by the independent auditors, responses to the management letter submitted by the Village Manager and report their findings to the Board of Trustees.
- To review the annual budgets of the Village/Town of Mount Kisco, including all the funds therin, and report their findings to the Board of Trustees.
- To advise the Board of Trustees on appropriate revenue and expenditure policies and financial policies.
- To undertake such other studies as shall be assigned to them or as they receive permission by the Board of Trustees to perform to assure that the financial condition and policies of the Village/Town of Mount Kisco are sound and that the taxpayers are receiving appropriate value.