|Justices:||Hon. Mark F. Farrell, Town Justice|
|Hon. Anthony C. Markus, Town Justice|
|Address:||40 Green Street|
|Mount Kisco, NY 10549|
|Hours:||Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm|
|Staff:||Linda Pankovic, Court Clerk|
|Aimee Fuentes, Court Clerk|
|Julie Sokol Chazanoff, Receptionist|
Please note: All correspondence to the court must be sent by first class mail.
Any response or answer/pleas to an issued ticket/violation will not be accepted by e-mail.
OFFICE CLOSED THURSDAY AND FRIDAY
11/23/23 AND 11/24/23 - THANKSGIVING
NO EVENING COURT SESSION 11/23/23
THE CRIMINAL COURT CALENDAR AND VEHICLE AND TRAFFIC PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCES ARE IN-PERSON, NOT VIRTUAL. YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL AS TO YOUR COURT DATE AND TIME OR CHECK WITH YOUR ATTORNEY FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
ALL WRITTEN COMMUNICATION WITH THE COURT MUST BE BY MAIL ONLY, addressed to Mount Kisco Justice Court, 40 Green Street, Mt. Kisco, NY 10549.
Do not send by e-mail.
PLEASE HELP US WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIREMENTS IN PLACE DUE TO COVID-19: PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING AND MAIL IN YOUR PLEA!
FOR ALL PARKING AND VEHICLE AND TRAFFIC INFRACTION TICKETS:
*** YOU CAN MAIL IN YOUR PLEA OF NOT GUILTY OR GUILTY (WITH PAYMENT IF SET)
IF YOU RECEIVED A PARKING TICKET:
- If you are pleading guilty MAIL in your payment. Payment should be made by check or money order payable to Mount Kisco Justice Court and mailed to the court. Do not send cash in the mail.
- Parking Fines can also be paid on-line at www.mountkiscony.rmcpay.com. This is only for parking tickets. Please see back of ticket for instructions.
- To plead Not Guilty, complete the appropriate section on the back of the ticket. PRINT clearly your NAME and CURRENT ADDRESS and MAIL it to the Court. A pre-trial conference will be scheduled and you will be notified by mail of your conference date.
IF YOU WERE ISSUED A TRAFFIC INFRACTION TICKET BY THE POLICE:
**IF YOU ARE CHARGED WITH A MISDEMEANOR TRAFFIC TICKET -- YOU MUST APPEAR IN PERSON ON THE DATE AND TIME AS SHOWN ON THE TICKET.
- Please review the instructions on the ticket. PLEASE PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING AND SUBMIT YOUR PLEA BY MAIL. The appearance date and time on your ticket is to notify the court in writing of your plea of guilty or not guilty, it is not a pre-trial conference date. If you come to the court with your plea, you will be asked to fill it out and hand it in. NO DECISION WILL BE MADE REGARDING THE TICKET IF YOU APPEAR IN PERSON ON THE APPEARANCE DATE.
- To plead GUILTY, sign and print your address in the top right section under PLEA OF GUILTY, then MAIL it to the Court. Be sure to include your CURRENT ADDRESS. The matter will be reviewed by the judge and you will be notified by mail of any fine or mandatory NY State surcharge.
- To plead NOT GUILTY: complete in the section under PLEA OF NOT GUILTY on the lower right-hand side of the ticket. Be sure to INCLUDE YOUR CURRENT ADDRESS and MAIL it to the court. You will be notified by mail of your court date.
- Payment Options for traffic tickets ONLY: ON-LINE visit www.mkcourtpayments.com; PHONE call 914-828-0339; IN PERSON visit the court lobby Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm; BY MAIL please send a money order or check payable to Mount Kisco Justice Court. DO NOT MAIL CASH. (For information on where to pay PARKING tickets please see above under the section for PARKING).
The judicial branch of Mount Kisco is served by two elected Village/Town justices.
The justices preside over the Justice Court and hear traffic, civil and criminal cases pertinent to Mount Kisco. The courthouse is located at the Richard A. Flynn Justice Complex, Green Street (at the far end of the Police Department).
There are two Town Justices that rotate every month as shown on the court schedule. Court sessions are held Thursday evenings by appointment only for all criminal, vehicle and traffic appearances, civil and small claims cases. A Spanish translator is available during all criminal court sessions. Vehicle and Traffic scheduled trial dates, scheduled local law trials appear on Wednesdays, All appearances are scheduled by the court and you will be notified by mail of your appearance date. All Building/Town ordinance matters are heard on the first Tuesday of each month at 5pm. No Court due to Holidays/Scheduling - please see the current Court and Traffic Calendar schedule.